One of the most asked questions we hear is, “Where’s my tax refund?” We understand. Sometimes you just need that extra income to get you through the month and other times you utilize that refund to make larger purchases that have to wait until the refund comes in.
File for Your Tax Refund Electronically with Cowdery Tax & Business Solutions
If you haven’t yet scheduled your appointment to file your tax return call today, 740•374•6942 so we can help you to find the most credits and deductions available to you.
Once you’ve filed your return tracking it’s progress couldn’t be simpler.
You can check the status of you refund within 24 hours after you have e-filed your tax return or within 4 weeks after mailing your paper return. Once the IRS has processed your return and approves your refund, you will be able to see your personalized refund date. Most refunds are issued in less than 21 days after your tax return is received by the IRS, but, it’s possible that your tax return could require additional review, this means your refund could take longer.
Keep in mind that the Where’s My Refund? tool is only updated once every 24 hours, usually overnight. So there is no need to check multiple times in a day.
How to Check the Status on your Tax Refund
- Simply go to IRS.gov.
- Click on Refunds on the top navigational menu.
- Then click the blue button that says “Where’s my Refund?“
- On the next page enter your Social Security Number in the screen.
- Enter your filing status, example: Married filing Jointly.
- Enter the exact amount of your refund in whole dollar amounts, example: $1565 not $1565.31.
- The next screen will show you the progress of your return.
What to do if your tax refund is late.
Call the IRS
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. your local time (Alaska & Hawaii follow Pacific Time).
- If it has been 21 days or more since you filed electronically.
- If it has been more than 6 weeks since you mailed your paper return.
- Or, if the Where’s My Refund? tool directs you to contact the IRS.
IRS2Go Mobile App
With the official IRS2Go Mobile App you can check your refund status, make a payment, and sign up for helpful tax tips.
Available on Google Play, iTunes and Amazon Devices.